US Box Lacrosse Association (USBOXLA) MEMBERSHIP/PARTICIPANT FULL RELEASE AND
IN CONSIDERATION OF BEING ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY LEAGUE, TOURNAMENT,
CLINIC, PROGRAM, RELATED EVENTS, AND ACTIVITIES (“PROGRAM”) OF THE UNITED STATES
BOX LACROSSE ASSOCIATION (USBOXLA), THE UNDERSIGNED (“PARTICIPANT”)
UNDERSTANDS, ACKNOWLEDGES, AND AGREES AS FOLLOWS:
1. The risk of serious injury arising from participation in the Program is significant, including the
potential for permanent paralysis and death. Participant represents and warrants that Participant
has no physical limitations that would prevent Participant from participating in the Program.
Program rules, equipment and personal discipline may reduce the risk of injury; however, there
may be risks and dangers not currently known or foreseeable arising from participation in the
2. Participant KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUMES ALL RISKS, both known and unknown, and
whether or not such risks are foreseeable, in connection with participation in the Program. EVEN IF
SUCH RISKS ARISE FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE PARTICIPANT, RELEASEES (defined
below) or others, Participant assumes the risk of injury or death and takes full responsibility for
participation in the Program.
3. Participant willingly agrees to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for
participation (“Rules”) and to bring to the attention of the nearest official any violation of such Rules
by any third party.
4. Knowing and understanding the risk inherent in participation in the Program, Participant on behalf
of Participant’s heirs, executors, beneficiaries, successors, assigns, personal representatives and
next of kin, HEREBY RELEASES AND HOLDS HARMLESS United States Box Lacrosse
Association (USBOXLA), its members, officers, directors, officials, agents, and/or employees, other
participants, volunteers, its affiliates, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advisors, as well as owners
and lessors of the premises to conduct the Program (collectively “RELEASEES”) from any claims,
causes of action, lawsuits, or actions, arising from or with respect to ANY AND ALL INJURY,
DISABILITY, DEATH, loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE
NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. [California only] Participant hereby waives the protection of California Civil Code section 1542,
A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not
know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the
release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or
her settlement with the debtor.
6. To the full extent permitted under the law, Participant agrees to INDEMNIFY, DEFEND and HOLD
HARMLESS RELEASEES against any and all claims, demands, causes of action, lawsuits, losses,
expenses, damages, attorneys’ fees, costs, liability in law or equity, of every kind and nature
whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with any act or omission of Participant during
Participant’s participation in the Program, including but without limitation personal injury, disability,
death or property damage to Participant or RELEASEES.
7. Any image or likeness of Participant can be used by US Box Lacrosse Association for promotional
purposes with full permission of Participant.